Sunday, February 13, 2011

Complications...

There are some things I would never take back but admittedly, my life would be a whole lot easier right now if they didn't exist. For example, the amazing friends I've made here in Sydney. Many I met the first week through other friends and many I slowly developed friendships with during uni. It took a whole semester but afterwards, I found my group of new BFF's that I made all on my own. A nice mix of Australians, Americans, a Canadian and even a Dutchie thrown in for good measure. These are the people that became my family when I didn't have one close by. All these people I let into my tightly knit circle are now a part of me that I can't bear to let go and say goodbye to, even though I know we'll be lifelong mates.

Not to mention the biggest complication of all: the boyfriend. Considering we haven't been apart since last year for more than a week at a time (and that was before we were dating) this makes things a lot more complicated. If we never met, never hooked up, never fell for each other, I imagine that though leaving would be hard, it wouldn't break me. After all, I know my friends will visit and I will visit them time to time and we'll keep in touch through skype and stalk each other through Facebook which will get me through the time between visits. But Skype and Facebook are certainly not enough to get me through who-knows-how-long without seeing him. It breaks my heart already and I haven't even booked the plane ticket yet (besides, I always said I was too insecure to be in a long distance relationship haha). 

So though I do sometimes imagine a less complicated world where I didn't find amazing friends and an amazing relationship where leaving would be no big deal and I would actually look forward to going home to my old life and my old friends, I wouldn't take back this mind blowing year filled with the sweetest memories anyone could ever have for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment