Saturday, February 26, 2011

every inch of me is bruised...

I'm back on Canadian soil. And it feels weirder than I ever thought possible. How can someplace so familiar, a place I've grown up in and spent my whole life in, be so foreign and so different. I've realize now that Sydney had become my home and I now feel homesick for it. Already. It's been about 24 hours since I landed and I've already had to Skype my new/old home twice.

The scene at the airport was quite dramatic, ripped right from a movie. Many tears were involved  and all during the flight as well. And I didn't cry at all when I left home nor were tears shed while saying goodbye to my Sydney family. However, at Kingsford Smith I just couldn't hold it in any longer (OK I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry pretty much from the moment I woke up as well).

And the jetlag. Don't get me started on the jetlag. I'm exhausted all the time but I cannot fall asleep. I am hungry all the time and can't stop eating. The Canadian weather has also decided to jolt me right back into it and it has been snowing all day. I almost forgot about snow. I also forgot the distinct smell of winter. It's been over a year since I've smelt the bitter mix of cold and snow.

Luckily, my family makes me happy. When I am with them I almost forget about how much I miss Sydney. I am also going to see one of my oldest friends tonight who has recently moved to Vancouver. All good things. Let's hope the pain and feeling of loss subsides with time...

No comments:

Post a Comment