Tuesday, February 15, 2011

sunday morning rain is falling...

I have officially booked my ticket outta here. I leave February 25th at 4:30pm and will be back on Canadian soil the same day at 3:30pm (woo hoo I gain an hour --  doesn't make up for the whole day I lost on my way over). Even though the date hasn't changed, even though I have been planning on leaving on the same date the whole time, something about booking a plane ticket makes it real. That date is daunting, looming over me like a Sunday afternoon and now everything I do in Sydney is drenched with that same feeling. Everywhere I go, everyone I see is my Sunday afternoon. I try to memorize them and etch them into my memory so I can take them all with me on my travels back home. I treat everything as if its the last time I will be seeing, touching and feeling it though I hope it won't be the last.

On a positive note, I had the most perfect Valentine's day anyone could ever have. I got to go up to North Head with the most beautiful views of the water and the whole city

[SIDENOTE: To be honest, we thought we would avoid the masses and instead of going out for the usual dinner, we decided to have a picnic somewhere beautiful. Due to the rain, the picnic took place in a van with the door open--still pretty romantic. When we got up to North Head, thinking we were all cool and original and better than all the other couples at the same old boring dinner, we found all the carparks full of couples who thought the exact same thing. It was pretty funny and just added to the atmosphere! Still awesome but we just weren't as romantic as we thought we were!]

I realized how much I will miss little things like living so close to the ocean and the view outside my own window. But I won't take it forgranted in the short time that I have left. I hope everyone had a great V-day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment