Wednesday, February 23, 2011

...if my body was on fire, you'd watch me burn down in flames...

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! One more full day left in Sydney. Craziness. It is 12:30am and I can't sleep, probably stressing out thinking about what is happening. It didn't really hit me until my last goodbye dinner tonight that I wouldn't be seeing these people--my friends--for an indefinite amount of time. 

[p.s. went to an awesome African restaurant called Radio Cairo for dinner with the best food ever. All the dishes were amazing topped off with the most interesting and yummiest dessert of African Mint Ice Cream. I am so full I don't think I need to eat until next week! I definitely recommend this spot to eat on the north shore.]

My coping mechanisms so far have consisted of getting into stupid fights (in order to make myself feel better about leaving and the person closest to me as miserable as I am), pretending that its just a quick trip home and making grand plans once I get there. Only the last one has proven somewhat productive.

Plans for my last day include a beach outing, centre point tower (which I have surprisingly never done) and quality time with the bf. For now, I will try and watch everything on my foxtel that I've recorded to watch "later" (including this random 90's movie with Mark-Paul Gosselaar--yum!) and google how to adjust to coming home after being away. Hopefully I'll be able to fall asleep soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment