Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Great Strides: Marathon for Cystic Fibrosis

It was this time last year I first thought about running a marathon. It was always something I had wanted to do and never something I thought I actually would. But after so many of my friends had done it and been so successful and fell in love with the whole thing, I decided I would do it too. This time last year in Sydney, I was pretty down and looked into doing the City2Suft, which is the biggest full marathon in Sydney. I didn't end up registering (though I did show up at all the parties!) and have regretted it ever since.

Now that I am home and after a full year of contemplation, I have finally committed to one! All it took was a good cause close to my heart. And a bunch of friends to do it with. And not actually having to run...more like a walk, but fun nonetheless! Its called Great Strides and benefits Cystic Fibrosis Canada.



Its also at the Toronto Zoo!!! Should be so much fun. Really looking forward to it. And today it may be a walk but next time it could be a run! The only downside I see is that I will be at a big wedding until late late late the night before and may not be at my top form at 8am for a walk. But I will pull through. Sara who will be joining me will be coming back from Jamaica and a whole week of straight drinking on the beach so she'll feel the pain as well. We can then go visit all the animals at the zoo (even though I had enough of the zoo when I left Oz...). Will keep you posted on how the walk goes but if anyone wants to sponsor me and donate to a good cause please let me know!

UPDATE: Got a few sponsors and did the event on Sunday. It was fantastic and exhausting. Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment