Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!

 Current Mood: Thrifty
 Song: Extreme Couponing Theme -TLC

I love Spring and all things that come with it including the Fashion. This season I can't stop obsessing over shoes. 

First off, wedges are in! I was hearing some buzz over wedges coming back then I saw them on Kate Middleton and knew they would be a hit for the season.


Kate's are cute but I don't know how a non-princess can pull off the patent leather + braided heel combo. But you know they are officially a hit with the masses when Forever 21 comes out with their own line of wedges for the season.


My favourite ones so far are these black ones with a soft material and the cork/basket weave print on the sole. However, it doesn't seem like they are available for sale on the website as of yet.

I'm happy this trend has come back because all us girls know its much easier to walk in wedges than full out high heels.


Secondly, not something new but something that I am just thinking about getting for myself: Easy Tones. I need new athletic shoes anyways and I figured that with most of my jobs being those where you have to stand for hours on end, might as well get a workout in with my footwear. 



EasyTones sound great in theory but I'm a little skeptical that they really work. However, I was assured that after wearing the shoes and standing all day you will get the same feeling of the "burn" after a tough workout.

My other problem is that I can't find the exact shoe in the above picture, which is actually kind of cute, and all the other ones I've seen in store are pretty ugly!

So then the question goes from "to EasyTone or not to EasyTone?" to "What brand of Toning shoes are the cutest?"

There are the Sketchers brand called Shape Ups that I am partial to just because Kim Kardashion is the spokesperson (what can I say, I'm a sucker for the celebrity endorsements!).


While there are more colours and styles, they all seem to have this bubble shape to the soles which both make it obvious they are Shape Ups (a women needs to keep these secrets to herself!) and its a throwback to the Spice Girls platform era which I'm not ready for.

I've also found out that the Rebock brand is the only one approved by the Canadian Health Association, so they seem to be the way to go. Price wise however, I am going to look into a deal or some discounts. This is perhaps because Extreme Couponing is on in the background and I am inspired to save!

2 comments:

  1. i bought the reetone ones for running a couple of weeks ago BUT i really do think some of these are pointless. the best way to tone is to exercise. and no matter what shoes you wear if you exercise right you'll tone well and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also i have £150 worth of shoes in my forever21 basket online . . . obviously . . . hahaha

    ReplyDelete