Thursday, May 19, 2011

In$@nit¥!!!

The new workout that I've been trying out lately is INSANITY by Shaun T. If you haven't heard of it you either live in a rock or Australia (some argue that's one in the same) or your not a fan of the latest workout fads in DVDs. It is known to be one of--if not *THE*--toughest workout DVD out there. The P90X of dvd workouts minus the hassle of weights or equipment.

The breakdown is all cardio for 40 to 60 minutes a day for 60 days. There is a calender to follow with different types of workouts for each day. I've been doing it for a week or so and trust me when I say, you really have to be insane to come up with that stuff! 40 minutes seems like a short workout but it will be the toughest 40 minutes of your life. If you don't have a pool of sweat beside you at the end of the workout, your not doing it right!


So far so good with this workout. Even though its tough its kinda fun to see what crazy things shaun t comes up with. Event the "cardio rest" day will have you working hard. And I never thought I'd be so sore from a workout without any weights what so ever. The only downside is I've been stuck on the "pure cardio" day because the title intimidates me. Will keep you posted on that one...

UPDATE: pure cardio wasn't as bad as I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment